Association of Interpreters and Translators
Highly qualified, experienced translators and interpreters at your fingertips
Since its establishment in 1945, the AIT has sought to bring together professionals in consecutive and simultaneous interpreting and translation.
The AIT is a not-for-profit association that provides the link between the alumni of the University of Geneva’s Faculty of Translation and Interpreting (formerly known as the EIG and later the ETI), professionals working in the sector, the faculty itself and the public and private sectors who rely on qualified partners in the field of translation and interpretation. In addition, the Association also counts among its members professional linguists from further afield specialising in a wide range of fields and working in and around Geneva.
The AIT has traditionally also published the review L’Interprète.
- events, professional training
- job offers
- the bulletin L’interprète
- be listed in the AIT Directory
- keep in touch with colleagues
- support relations between the FTI and the world of work.
- Find translators for your written documents
- Recruit interpreters for meetings and conferences
- Enquire about other linguistic services (sworn translations, proof-reading, etc.)