International Conference on Economic, Business, Financial and
Institutional Translation. 4th Edition
The Faculty of Applied Languages. The French University in Egypt.
Cairo, 7-8 December 2020
Info at https://bit.ly/2tGiRZi
The era of cloud computing and fluid information, intensified the need
for economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation.
Multinational companies, international organizations and institutions
deliver multilingual contents through documents and localized versions
of websites and mobile applications, establishing a new market for
professional specialized translation. The process of communicating
contents has witnessed a great change and is hindered by the appearance
of new challenges, i.e. the emergence of localization, collaborative
translation work and automatic translation platforms, in addition to the
emergence of electronic and application commerce.
Translators and interpreters involved in this spectrum are left to deal
with those challenges and sort them out for themselves, and answer
questions like; how can information and communication technologies be
used to overcome substantial challenges such as the inter-cultural
aspects of specialized translation? How can we ensure that translations
provided in the abovementioned fields are of sufficient quality and
finesse? The Fourth International Conference on Economic, Business,
Financial and Institutional Translation (ICEBFIT) sheds light and deals
with these issues in addition to highlighting the importance of
translation programs. The dire need to train translators and
interpreters on those rising scopes bridges the gap between the academia
and the emerging markets through new academic courses that trains future
translators and interpreters to deal with those issues, carrying their
employability criteria as a priority, especially in the economic and
Following three successful rounds held in 2014 at Alicante University,
in 2016 at Québec à Trois-Rivières University and in 2018 at Alicante
University, ICEBFIT IV will be held in the Campus of The French
University in Egypt in Cairo, for its 2020 round, organized by the
Faculty of Applied Languages. In addition to English, French and,
Spanish this round accepts papers in Arabic as a pivotal language to
open up an entire region; catering to the growing need to Arabic in the
international arena. The conference brings scholars, academics and
professionals interested in the fields of economic, commercial,
financial and institutional translation to meet to discuss topics
related to these fields, and promotes scientific research in those areas.
*Language of the Conference*
Arabic, English, French, Spanish
The conference invites interested participants to submit abstracts in
not more than 300 words in Arabic, English French, or Spanish in the
fields of: accounting, finance, marketing, logistics, transportation,
advertising, sales, insurance, macroeconomics, macro finance, monetary
policy, tourism, corporate governance, management, real estate,
corporate website, environmental and sustainable development etc. Please
send your abstracts to: email@example.com /
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com /
firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com /
firstname.lastname@example.org, starting from December 20th, 2019. Every participant
can be the main author for only one paper and a co-author for another.
Each presentation is 20 minutes followed by 10 minutes allocated for
Participants interested in publication should present a summary of their
research in not more than 400 words; including the research question,
the methodology, the theory followed and the expected results. The
research should follow the APA citation system. The website address is
to be provided on the second call for papers.
– Terminology problems and translation practice. Terminological issues
related to the practice of translation.
– Creating terminological resources.
– Text types, taxonomy and contrastive analysis.
– Professional experience: Translators’ professional experience in
economic, commercial, financial and institutional translation.
– The impact of the CAT tools and the AT use of translation resources in
the educational and professional fields.
– Development of the professional know-how in both translation and
website content writing fields.
– Translating specialized discourse related to translation norms and
terminological and phraseological challenges.
– Intercultural issues of terminology and phraseology.
– New teaching methods and tools in specialized translation.
– Vocational-training courses in relation to the concept of translators’
– Collaborative translation.
– Localization: Linguistic, technological and intercultural challenges
– Future of translation: The future of translation in the era of AI.
– Translation and adaptation of texts intended for the visually impaired
like alternative texts.
– Translation training and internships.
– Quality in translation.
– The new research tendencies in the field of economic, commercial,
financial, institutional translation and bibliometrics.
Amal EL SABBAN, Ain Shams University.
Daniel GALLEGO, Alicante University.
Fayza El QASEM, University of Sorbonne-Nouvelle Paris 3 (ESIT).
Guy PENET, WHO (Regional Office for the Eastern Mediterranean).
Loïc DEPECKER, University of Sorbonne-Nouvelle Paris 3.
– Abstract Submission: December 20th, 2019.
– Deadline for Abstract submission: April 1st, 2020.
– Authors Notification: June 1st, 2020.
– Registration opens: June 1st, 2020.
– Early bird registration deadline: June 1st, 2020.
– Registration deadline: October 1st, 2020.
– Conference: December 7- 8, 2020.
– Full papers submission: February 15, 2021.
– Expected publication to the accepted papers in META Journal 2022, vol.
67, no. 3
– Expected publication in the Four Languages is to be in another
scientific journal or publishing house, to be announced later.
– Accepted international participants early bird: 120 euros
– Accepted international participants after June 1, 2020: 170 euros
– Accepted Egyptian participants early bird: 800 LE
– Accepted Egyptian participants after June 1, 2020: 1000 LE
– International attendees early bird: 60 euros
– International attendees after June 1, 2020: 85 euros
– Egyptian attendees early bird: 200 LE
– Egyptian attendees after June 1, 2020: 350 LE
– Students (UFE) early bird: 50 LE
– Students (UFE) after June 1, 2020: 60 LE
– Students of other universities early bird: 100 LE
– Students of other universities after June 1, 2020: 200 LE
Registration Fees includes:
– Attending all the conference sessions.
– Certificate of participation.
– Certificate of attendance.
– Conference Kit (for participants only).
– Conference book.
– Coffee breaks + Lunch for the two days of the conference.
Abir Mohamed ABDEL SALAM, Cairo University.
Ahmed DARWICH, Cairo University.
Amal EL SABBAN, Ain Shams University.
Daniel GALLEGO, Alicante University.
Ana MEDINA, Pablo de Olavide University.
Danio MALDUSSI, Bologna University.
Defeng LI, Macau University.
Dima EL HUSSEINI, The French University in Egypt.
Éric POIRIER, Québec à Trois-Rivières University
Fayza EL QASEM, University of Sorbonne-Nouvelle Paris 3 (ESIT).
Fernando PRIETO, Genève University.
Francisca SUAU, València University.
Frédéric HOUBERT, Financial translator.
Geoffrey KOBY, Kent State University.
Ghada ECHMAWI, Ain Shams University.
Jacqueline HENRY, University of Sorbonne-Nouvelle Paris 3.
Jeanne DANCETTE, Montréal University.
José MATEO, Alicante University.
Khaled TOKAL, The French University in Egypt.
Lieve VANGEHUCHTEN, Antwerpen University.
Loïc DEPECKER, University Sorbonne-Nouvelle Paris 3.
Mansour ALY, Helwan University.
María CALZADA, Jaume I University.
Mona HACHEM, Al Azhar University.
Nadia GAMAL, Ain Shams University.
Nihad MANSOUR, Alexandria University.
Patricia MINACORI, Paris-Diderot University.
Pedro FUERTES, Valladolid University.
Racha SALEH, Helwan University.
Sahar MOHARRAM, Helwan University.
Saida KOHEL, Annaba University.
Verónica ROMAN, Autónoma University of Madrid.
Yasmine BARSOUM, The French University in Egypt.
Faculty of Applied Langages – The French University in Egypt
Dima EL HUSSEINI
Sara ABOU EL EINEIN
Chérine EL KHALIFA
Islam SALAH EL DINE
Administrative personnel: Aya ADEL and Salma EL SERGANI.
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org